It is like running a race knowing that although the finish line lies ahead, there are still a few laps to go.
It is like someone loosely bound my feet together, and it was okay at first, but now they are tightening up the bonds, and walking is an awkward shuffle.
It is like asthma - restricted tight and painful - without respite or the option to pause, think, and take a slow deep breath.
It is like being on the wildest, craziest most unpredictable ride in the world - I want to get off but I desperately want to stay on so I can know what it's like and see it through to the end.
Soon the last big loop will be over and breathing will return to normal, and I'll be able to run again - wherever I like! And you can come with me. Hold my hand. I'll point to the past and explain that looks can be deceiving. I'll allow you a little peek into the magic window of time. And. My friend. I'll fill the cup for you and let you sip. And close your eyes. And smile. And dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment