I'm putting the finishing touches on a work policy today, and the thought occurred to me that I should have one too.
It would make everything that much easier, don't you think?: 'Please refer to my Personal Policy.'
But how should I write it? Vague and open to interpretation (and misinterpretation) or specific to more detail than you might be comfortable with?
It might limit the crazy moments that make life so much fun - or it might make life that much more of a ride.
Who would read the fine print? Who would take the time to understand the nuances of the language, and the waivers and loopholes woven into the fabric of the text?
We all have unwritten policies in place by the time we reach a certain point in our lives, but how many of us think through those endless clauses and sub clauses of the unconscious?
I think it's time to do some internal admin.
No comments:
Post a Comment