Monday, 18 May 2015

Made in Brazil

There is no doubt that we are shaped by our experiences - that our exposure to an 'other' changes our brains and the way we perceive ourselves and the world around us, be it home or away.

The time I've spent abroad has made me who I am, and both the best bits of me and worst bits of me were definitely made in Brazil.  I hold onto these qualities - the perfect and flawed - even as my new home tries to wrestle them away from my sense of self.

I like the edge they give me and how they test me and keep me on my toes.  Made in Brazil is by no means perfection, but perfection is dull.

Perhaps it's time to go back for a short visit to keep it fresh.
I think you'd enjoy it too. Fancy the flight?




No comments:

Post a Comment